- Who is Flash Fibres?
- Do you own the network and infrastructure?
- I thought that the NBN were rolling out the Fibre Optic Cable?
- How stable is your infrastructure?
- How fast is your service?
- Does the system allow for faster upgrades?
- Why do I have to pay for the installation?
- How long does the installation take?
- How long is the waiting time once I book to be connected?
- Is speed so important?
- Do I have to sign a contract for the Internet connection?
- Do you have a phone system, and is there a contract?
- Will the speeds of the plans be guaranteed?
- 1. Who is Flash Fibres?
Flash Fibres is a locally owned & operated company in Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast, who have recognised the need for an effective and professional high speed internet service to residential and commercial customers.
- 2. Do you own the network and infrastructure?
Flash Fibres is a locally owned & operated company in Caloundra, who own their own “carrier grade network” being rolled out on the Sunshine Coast.
- 3. I thought that the NBN were rolling out the Fibre Optic Cable?
Not anymore, fibre optic cables are being instaled in new build areas and there is no guarrantee the fibre optic cable is being run all to way to the exchange or carying on from the exchange. Another problem is funding and the speed they can introduce the service to the general population. The NBN may still be many years away depending on the area you are in.
- 4. How stable is your infrastructure?
Very stable. The combination of fibre to the node and the quality radio links on our carrier grade network is a winning combination. Flash Fibres only uses proven technology, carrier grade routing & switching equipment, and operates from some of the best data centres in Australia. Providing quality environmental controls, producing a professional carrier network.
Our Sunshine Coast network is connected via fibre or high capacity licensed radio links. These radio links are immune to interference problems encountered by lesser grade wireless systems which use free to air spectrums for their backbone infrastructure. Licensed radio links are strictly controlled by the ACMA.
- 5. How fast is your service?
Guaranteed residential speeds are between 15Mbs and 50Mbs depending on the plan you choose. Commercially the sky is the limit with commercial speeds between 50Mbs to 1Gb/s. We can offer commercial speeds in residential areas for home based businesses or gamers who require additional upload speed. Anything is possible, contact our office for a free onsite inspection.
- 6. Does the system allow for faster upgrades?
Yes, this is one of the main advantages of our system. As programmes are made more available like Netflix, Stan, YouTube or internet TV, it is very easy to upgrade to a faster download or upload plan. Your future is in your hands.
- 7. Why do I have to pay for the installation?
Our system is different to the current telephone line system. It requires special hardware and antennas to accept the much higher speeds. This specifically designed hardware needs to be installed so you can receive our high speed service.
- 8. How long does the installation take?
A typical residential installation is very fast taking 1-2 hours depending on the building layout. A commercial and high rise/apartment installations are viewed on a case by case basis depending on the customers’ requirements.
- 9. How long is the waiting time once I book to be connected?
You should be up and running within 7 working days, depending on our current roll outs typical installations are completed within 4 days.
- 10. Is speed so important?
No, but reliability of the links as well as bandwidth is. If you put all this together you will achieve great speeds and will enjoy the internet even more. Many people are after speedy internet and looking at the numbers, not realising that the quality of link and bandwidth are more important. This is what happens with NBN. They promising great speeds but reliability of the network is not so great which affects the speeds.
- 11. Do I have to sign a contract for the Internet connection?
As the installation for a residential connection is amortised over a 24month period contract, the installation fee of $395 plus GST is below our cost price as the quality of hardware used is of a high standard. If you do not wish to take advantage of a 24 month contract, you can pay $650.00 plus GST up front to cover the cost of installation with no lock in contract term.
- 12. Do you have a phone system, and is there a contract?
Yes we do have options available. The speed and stability of our network and VOIP (voice over IP) is the perfect marriage. Just phone 07 3067 7101 for more information.
- 13. Will the speeds of the plans be guaranteed?
Including all the major Telco’s, it is impossible to guarantee the speed of a network. What we can say however, is that we have a carrier grade network with high speed downloads and uploads in all our plans, so in the event of a high traffic period, the slower speed would be difficult to notice. We are large enough to respond quickly to network issues and small enough to focus on providing high quality service to the Sunshine Coast.
Contact us today 07 3067 7101